Monday, July 19, 2004

I don't like people and they don't like me

It was a long weekend.  They always are.  Because of the trips for work each week, I usually have half or most of Friday off.  This week was no different so I went up to Askov with Jimmy for a long overdue visit to the farm.  Between band concerts in Superior, embarassing talks with his mother, and still being sick from the week, it was not the most pleasant stay imaginable in the Northland.  I came home to struggle with my dad to be able to work on my floor's door decortations in our living room.  I did get the new car, which is lovely if unnamed (strangely everyone asks if it has a name yet -- I'm thinking).  I went out and spent too much money on gas, cheesecake, and a movie with gals from high school.  The next day (Sunday) I decided it was high time to get to the beach.  Amanda, the Johns, and I went to Excelsior to swim off the point.  And that short bit of time was heavenly.  However, it was short as the others were hungry and thus we spent less than two hours there at all between walking and eating.  Sigh.  That evening I tried again to be social, only to be teased and part of my NEW car ripped off.  Amanda's boyfriend, Rory, who I thought (and still think probably) to be a nice guy, stole the hubcap to my car, ran with it, and then proceeded to tease me ala middle school while Amanda and her friend laughed at the situation.  How fun.  To those reading, do NOT steal any pieces of your friend's brand new car and then rip into someone.  It will only inspire entries like the following:
 
 
"I think I'm throwing the human interaction towel in. 
 
"Another weekend of trying to fit in left me feeling more than a bit empty.  There's simply no use in hovering around a desperate desire to find people with whom I feel more than a passing connection that doesn't inevitably fade into an awkward nothingness.  I look back at the defining points of my short and often trite life.  Photographs record little more than a brief moment in time, yet I surround myself, as if placing them in succession will somehow make the parade more complete.  But I see holes everywhere that I would wish to fill with meaning.  The people around me are most likely extraordinary, but we're surrounded in fog for as much as we realize it.    
 
"How is that people can be so downtrodden in a land of such plenty?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello dearie,
people are overrated. get out while you still can. i'm full of bubbley news. ha. glad you made your way to my livejournal. yeah i didnt realize the last week or two have been full of down trodden entries. ah well. i'll go look for puppies and then i'll have something cheery to record. or i'll go chill with my albino squirrel friend again. hope the lakes are well. adios.
megan

Anonymous said...

meh. f**k boldly, for prophylactics abound. :)