Wednesday, July 14, 2004

back from the field

I haven't been blogging much lately due to the small amount of time I've had free in the office. Instead, I've been out in the field taking the lake samples that are constituting the better part of what's left of my time at the PCA. And I'm not complaining! I think that next time, I'll get better sunscreen and put it on right away to avoid the sunburn that it making it hard to move my shoulders currently. I will also try to even out the racerback tank tan (one pale stripe down my back that looks remarkably like a skunk). I think that I'll have the better part of Friday off this week, which means that it's time to hit the beach. Beach days (despite the numerous hours spent on the lakes) have been in pitiful supply this summer with the total at a whopping zero. I hope that it stays nice and that Jimmy and I could hightail it to somplace fun and relaxing. Next week will be full of more field work, this time up in Aitkin County. I hope that I can effectively fight off whatever cold or such I've caught that's making it hard to think or sit straight. There's still no update on my car. No one is sure what's wrong with it and it's been in a garage for nine days... It looks like I might be buying that 2001 Prizm. Who knows. Well -- happy midweek to everyone. Time for me to stop being such a slacker.

No comments: