Stacey did something nifty on her blog: she took the first sentence (or in my case phrase since I'm a damn incoherent girl) of the first post of each month and combined them. 2004 at Mansfield Park looks something like this:
Jan: Damn computer -- has lost like three of my attempted bloggings in the last week
Feb: Mmmmmhmmmm... it's good to be home. But let me say, that was a damn fine tour.
Mar: So, I've been reading my ecology book faithfully all semester.
Apr: Friday! I spent my absolutely favorite time of the week outside reading, and inside watching Jeopardy as I finally hung up some posters in my room while munching on some good cheese and crackers.
May: I'm telling my little brother that there's something wrong with me and it's absolutely heartbreaking.
Jun: from a lonely cubicle
Jul: nothing welcomes you back to the office like a krispy kreme
Aug: I am 20! I remember reading in Anne of Green Gables that once you turn 20, your character was fixed...
Sept: I'm so glad I did this! Thus far, RA training has been a great week.
Oct: I AM the Big Bang as in I'm going a million directions at once rather violently.
Nov: Hell in a Handbasket: After four years of making fun of Bush, everything from his IQ to his inability to speak coherent English to the mock Texas accent he somehow inherited from his New England relatives, how is it possible that the majority of Americans decided he was the one best suited to lead the country?
Dec: Hey it's me. So we've been planning Nic's memorial service...
Wow, last year saw me travelling the world, changing rooms (a much larger ordeal than you might think), dropping a major, getting diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome, living in a cubicle, becoming an RA, trying to do waaaay too much, getting incredibly pissed that Bush was reelected, and losing a good friend. I looked at the corner of my little white board today and saw where I had written Nic's new number and then hidden it when I found out he had died. There were so many huge changes and realizations that I was hardly aware of until they had passed. Still, after all of it, I'm glad to be where I am but I wouldn't want to relive the year. It's good to be moving forward.
Sunday, January 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment