I was hanging around the Admin building today finishing some last minute errands:
*new parking permit (which I didn't have to pay another $150 for!!! w00t!)
*finishing course eval from afore-mentioned missed final
*waiting for the Fin. Aid people to get back from lunch so I could drop off coffeehouse paperwork
While I was waiting around, I stopped to look at the limestone walls. I didn't used to like the look of the campus but after writing a bazillion pages about the limestone, I decided to take a closer look. It was remarkable: the way all the different stones magically fit together, all the strange textures and colors. I had never really appreciated limestone for how flawed and yet perfect it was. Kind of like St. Olaf itself. Or the art projects I've been working on lately and their randomness. Or Jimmy and I. Well, it's better late than never to finally see things for how they are: wonderfully flawed.
Tuesday, December 21, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment