Sunday, December 12, 2004

approaching the critical point

That "critical point" would be my temp and pressure are reaching explosive levels.

Disclaimer: I apologize if I've been short tempered with anyone reading this.

I know this is a busy time for everyone. We all have classes that require papers, presentations, projects and exams of us. However... I don't know anyone else who's in a top ensemble, is an RA (no offense to JCs, but try being on duty 6 of 8 nights in a row) and helping advise their hall council, and trying to keep track of a functioning business on top of these normal academic duties. I'm not saying that less busy people are luckier than me or that I envy their freedom. What I am saying is that I wish these people would stop complaining loudly in front of me about how hard their life is "ohh, I have so much work to do -- pity me even though I spent last night getting really drunk." You just want to smack something when you're expected to be sympathetic to this.

Ok, I'm done ranting. I've actually been really productive writing my mega-paper this weekend. After about... oh, 25 hours of serious writing after weeks of research, I'm proud that I'm nearly done! It means I haven't gone out and done anything since Thanksgiving Break, but ah well.

On a much happier, more cheerful note, Jimmy decided to take it upon himself to clean my disastrous room last night at 1am. Instead of boxes, papers, and clothing everywhere, he organized, folded and put everything away. It's sooo wonderful in the room now! I can't thank him enough. Last night's Mellby Holiday Party was a TON of fun. People enjoyed the gifts, s'mores, and ice cream. Paul and Casey performed a fabulously amusing rendition of "The Night Before Christmas." It was the best thing I'd done in weeks and certainly helped motivate me to work on my paper. I think Sex and the City: season 4 just came [FINALLY]. I hope my DVD player decides to start working by the time I get it tomorrow!

1 comment:

Righty Grove said...

I have one thing to say. It is off topic and pointless, and a poor attempt at humor, yes, but at least it is an attempt.


MMMMRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That is the sound mt dog makes when she wants attention. it has no relevance. Anyway, best of luck with the insanity and such.