Friday, June 18, 2004

Go My Antonia!

With hot summer weather and a lot of tedious, stop and start commuting, I was dreading filling up my tank to see what sort of gas mileage My Antonia had been getting. I was SHOCKED when I realized that my baby had gone like 215 miles on 7.15 gallons of gas. She's an old girl and literally getting 30 miles to the gallon in spite of radio and AC usage as well as some bumps and frequent accelerations. Amanda my dear friend, I love you and I love The Bitch, but as you make fun of my car, in your face! This is why Honda Civics kick ASS! Ahhh... I love my baby.

On unrelated subjects, let's see. Ah yes. I've really hurt my neck and upper back at work. The chairs are atrocious and I'm working at the computer every minute. I had to go in late to work this morning for the combined reasons of pain and generally not feeling good. It always feels sacreligious to be sick during the summer, as if you're betraying its spirit and the freedom it represents. Still, I know myself and the days of getting only 8 hours of sleep a night are catching up to me. Yes, I know that for others this would be ok. And yes, I do have moral objections to going to bed earlier than 10:20 or 10:30 with any regularity.

Tonight it's off to Northfield to hang out with the boyfriend in Thorson. I'm looking forward to the drive down. Only two and a half hours to go. I'm out of things to do at work, so I guess I'll continue educating myself on environmental issues. Happy weekend!

No comments: