Tuesday, June 01, 2004

From a lonely cubicle

Sigh. I was really excited for this internship, but day one has been anything but eventful and I have been counting down the hours since I got here. I am sitting alone. In a cubicle. Reading various Lake Assessment Programs. Alone. With nothing else to occupy my time. Can you say Office Space? Man. This is supposed to be meaningful, experiential work, but I am longingly thinking of my lovely little Coffeehouse in Larson Hall where work is never dull and other human beings dare to speak to you. I was supposed to get some data to analyze, but thus far nada except a hundred pages on Lake Assessments in Itasca and Cook Counties. Hey -- "expect" is like "except" EXCEPT for the c and the p are reversed. Cool!

OMG... Did I actually just write that? I think I've hit rock bottom and am cracking completely. Well. I better go partition the end of my food to last me. So f*ing hungry.

No comments: