First entry as old married hag (I'm appropriating that one from my cousin Danielle, who I've now dubbed the "Head Hag"). w00000!
So, after a wonderful, amazing wedding with tons of people we love celebrating our life together, we embarked on what became sorta the honeymoon from hell. From lost luggage to smoky rooms to hours wandering lost to forgotten meals to getting caught outside in a severe storm to having our luggage lost for three and a half days to bickering constantly, it had its downs. Still, we managed to have a great time most of the time. My birthday in Montreal was esp. fun because we went to the botanical gardens and then took a cruise and then ate an ungodly expensive dinner (ok, that was actually a bit freaky -- BUT I got a birthday chocolate souffle out of it!). The best part of the trip was visiting family in NY. We had no luggage for most of it but it was wonderful to see everyone and to stay with cousins.
We got home and now it's been apartment time!!! Our lovely apartment in Linden Hills is finally coming together (the final coats of wax went onto the dining table, Qwest finally fixed our crossed phone lines and we were able to run lines throughout the apartment). It's been so nice to have a kitchen after many years of carrying a paper bag of ingredients to the hall kitchen! Actually one of the best parts has been going to class and heading home knowing my fabulous husband is there when I get back. Now we're excited to have friends come visit... hint hint!
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oooh! so wonderful! I am jealous of having your own kitchen.. not that I don't have one, I just have to share it with 3 other girls.. well, I have my own at my boyfriends apartment, and that is a pretty large one too;) I hope all is going well with you and Jimmy. and that getting your masters will be intresting and som fun between hard work!
I miss you very much (can't say that too much, because it doesn't come out how much in words) You are a wonderful person and I wish the married couple all the best.
The apartment is pretty sweet. Glad you got everything with Qwest figured out. We need to get together sometime soon!
Post a Comment