I love looking up random people on stalkernet. Names like "John" are particularly fun because they yield such varied and numerous results. With each person, I wonder what who they are/what their hobbies and interests might be. Did they like the snapshot St. Olaf recorded of their image? Or, did they change it for a particular reason? Have I met this person? Maybe they came across my picture some time and wondered the same questions.... I feel like I know the people from their pictures and that if I did happen upon them, we'd have conversation material. I also assume that all the people are well-meaning and kindly because that's how I'd like to think random people are: just trying to make their own small difference on the world.
On totally random subjects, I spent a lot of time yesterday with doctors. I guess I have an extremely rapid pulse. It seems to be regular, just very fast. I have no idea currently what this means for my health long-term or if it is linked to the fatigue that seems to haunt me. They did draw more blood, much to my dismay. Maybe it'll yield something very insightful, but most likely it's just another two containers of me lost to the ages. I really hate the feeling of the needly poking around in my arm... I tense up and pretend I'm on a deserted tropical island I like to call "Laurentopia."
Incidentally, Laurentopia is my back-up plan. If things don't work out academically, I'll head there to weave underwater baskets. I figure that the great mysteries of life can be revealed through things like basket-weaving, particulaly if water is involved, but that we just tend to write it off as not worthy of our time because of the fast-paced modern life. Right now, before Laurentopia, I intend to put off my ES major decisions for a semester by simply taking other required classes. Currently I am living and breathing environmental thought, art, politics, and map-making. I'm sure something brilliant will occur before the end of the semester, most likely with the help of the Center for Experiential Learning, my destiny-revealing hallucenogen. Being on student staff makes me turn to offices instead of drugs for such things. Not that I ever turned to drugs (maybe alcohol a bit)... ok, anyway.
Last but not least, today Jimmy and I have been dating for a year. Yay! It's by far the most sustainable romance ever. Sometimes I get it in my head that I need Shakespearean drama, but then I remember that it would last for about a microsecond and I'd need something that has laughter and things like cooking and Futurama. Ahhh... what a great boyfriend he is. Here's to you, Boy. :)
Wednesday, September 15, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
my roommate thinks that we would probably all be a lot better off if we all had an enlightening experience with hallucinongens. he owns a book on that subject, actually. (not that he's tried it, but....)
well, i'm not so sure it's the best thing to do either. sounds like the cel is a better place to see visions of the universe bending together upon itself so that everything is connected with everything else.
here's to a sunny day.
chris
Post a Comment