I'm not sure why exactly. I've been quite alone the whole day which is sometimes a good thing in that it could give you perspective and peace of mind. Not so tonight. I am just lonely. I've half a mind right now to give up on reading my enviro ethics article, "The World As God's Body," and just munch on chocolate while watching Sex and the City. What's really depressing me right now are people. I wish everyone had it in their minds to be friendly and welcoming toward one another. I hoped to make some new friends in Mellby, but I keep encountering people who are wrapped up in their own worlds and end up being a bit rude without realizing it. It's disheartening! Why should I keep trying to be Ms. Friendly RA when it's meant with dull indifference? Such a "what reason is there to keep going?" day. Three things, however, have kept up my faith in humanity: Ansel Adams' photographs, Jennifer and Bridget next door, and old St. Olaf Band CDs. God Bless the SOB.
Sunday, September 26, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment