Thus far, RA training has been a great week. We've been at training each morning around 8:30 am and the nights have frequently gone as late as 11pm, but damn! It's like the best possible thing I could've done with my junior year. You're helping people, but you're also helping yourself. It's like a character makeover. The only times I've felt this confident in myself have been at summer Girl Scout Camp. And it's only getting better as people start to move in. The people living in Mellby all seem really great and I can't wait to get to know them better. Our staff is awesome. Rylan, Josh, and Cate are some of the best and nicest people to work with. Heather (the area coordinator) is super cool. I'm even getting over my fear of the Mellby ghosts, none of whom I have met yet (and half-hope never to meet). This is going to be a wonderful year.
Thursday, September 02, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
And may a proud mom say, I'm glad I helped in your decision to be an RA--not that I can take all the credit, or even much of it, but I'm happy for my little part in helping you mull it all over. I think it is a perfect fit for you!
have no fear of the mellby ghosts -- in my two years there i never met one, just a friendly mouse named Armand who loved to eat the crackers we left out on the floor.
Post a Comment