Classes have begun on the ol' hill. After sitting through the first of what will undoubtedly be many painful genetics lectures, I realized that I don't want to major in biology. When I first got here, I was told quite bluntly that I ought to major in bio because it is a real science, unlike environmental studies. So, ok, I did, but not because I actually wanted to. Thus I have run headlong into a wall. I don't think I'm meant to focus just on science. I feel like I left the humanities in the background and now I'm really regretting it. Know what else I'm regretting? WAITING UNTIL JUNIOR YEAR TO HAVE THIS EPIPHANY! Since I have and cannot go back and make things right, I need to figure out what I'm doing in the next few days. I have no career destination at which to arrive [yet] so I'm in limbo. Time to call in the professionals. I'll update on Monday after I've consulted some folks.
Saturday, September 11, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good luck Rabbit. You'll do fine as soon as it is that you know what you want to do.
Myabe you ought to be getting a different advisor?????
Post a Comment