Thursday, September 23, 2004

the day of good deeds

It's definitely getting closer to fall, leaving keep falling from trees and even though I fail at trying to catch one for good luck, I know I'll be coordinated enough one day.

It's been both busy and quiet over the last couple weeks. RAing is less of a time commitment, though you have to be ready to do things like delivering 300 phone books the moment they arrive to each room in the hall. It's getting closer to Halloween and my fears of the Mellby ghosts have been rekindled. I keep imagining shadows moving in my room at night and an inability to scream for all I'm worth. In good Mellby news, we had our first social program and it so incredibly fun that I've had a hard time studying over the past few days. I'm doing coffeehouse interview entirely on my own this week and it's both scary and invigorating. "I am supervisor, hear me ROAR!" I think it'll be a good year as far as the jobs are concerned. I just wish I had a bit more time to laze about and read for school.

Fortunately for me, I'm on duty this weekend! Besides writing two papers, I'm going to watch movies with some of the girls, eat roasted chestnuts, put up Christmas lights, clean, and go to Ren Fest on Saturday with Jimmy.

RIGHT! So good deeds! Yesterday, I volunteered for extra duty in Hoyme, ate a quiet dinner alone, was nice to Prof. Welch, did pilates, talked to an old [drunken] friend on the phone, got kissed on the top of my head from a guy who's a bit quirky and had never kissed a girl before, interviewed people, started coffeehouse inventory, did the Mellby fire drill, helped Vanna find a lost earring in the dark, picked up pretty leaves for people, and had a wonderful discussion in environmental ethics. In retrospect some were deeds I did and others were ones exchanged. Meh, it's all good, I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading all of this makes me wish I could be back in college... Your week rocked!Love, Mom