Wednesday, August 11, 2004

R.I.P. Frida

I was on a sampling trip for the PCA over the past couple days. When I called home on Monday night to see how everyone was, my mom said that Frida the Hermit Crab Extraordinaire was changing shells! I was sooo sad to be missing it and couldn't wait to come back, however, Frida did not make it through the process. I came home to an empty crab carrier and a sad little crab body that had slipped out of its shell. Frida, being the lively little gal she was, was an especially personable crab. She enjoyed scuttling sideways, often falling into a roll, and was of the pale blue/green variety of hermit. She also liked to sit in front of the heat duct in my room. She was not too fond of bathing. She and Cami used to curl up together in the corner of their tank. They also chirped at one another. He's very lonely now. Poor Cam... Here is a slightly melodramatic, though rather heartfelt tribute to Frida --

Gregarious crab:
though small, you were full of life
but now silence falls.

R.I.P. little crab.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...aww...
-Alyssa