Monday, August 23, 2004

the best weekend

I didn't get enough sleep last night, so I'm feeling rather sickish, but I think that writing a nice post might help the fatigue... Socially speaking, it was the best weekend in as long as I can remember.

I took on role of personal shopper again on Friday afternoon when John [Aho] and I hit EP mall to look for some new duds for him. I didn't have to work and it was LOVELY. Was very proud -- only bought one thing for myself (a pair of replacement sunglasses which I may return due to insufficient funds). Later that night, Amanda and I went into Uptown to check out the tea bar we're coming to love dearly. It felt good to get out and even better to just talk candidly with her about the girliest of things.

On Saturday night, it was time to let loose a bit. Now, those who know me know I'm def no drunkard, but it was a good way to get the very last bits of partying out of my system before next week and a year of RA-dom. Aho and Tim had been playing baseball in the front yard and stayed, much to my delight. were the obligatory discussions of baseball and politics. I even tried smoking a ghetto cigar, which was fairly vile. It felt like being back in high school in a good and nostalgic way.

Sunday, I drove to Rosedale Mall to meet the Jimmy and do more personal shopping. It's far more fun to dress one's boyfriend. I was so proud of him! He got actual college-aged things! No more Old Navy poster boy. I shouldn't tease. We all did the walking label thing. It was a good day for me too. I got hot-ass jeans at American Eagle, a couple shirts, and a new little crabbie! I shouldn't say little, cause she's approximately Cami-sized. I think I'm almost scared of her! Still, I hope she survives better than the really vulnerable, little ones. She needs a name though.... If you have suggestions for crab names, do comment.

However, the only down side to this weekend was the ridiculous amount of money spent. Jeans, shirts, new shells, drinks at Starbucks and tea bars. I was a baaaaad girl and I feel guilt-ridden. I wish I could spend little to no money... ever. Still, some purchases are flexible and able to be taken back if need be. And the need may arise quickly. Ack. Time to work, now. Bye to all.

No comments: