Sunday, February 08, 2004

Well, I've waited good and long until my mood improved before posting another such horrid blog entry. I think I must be depressing the rest of the world along with me. No matter. There's nothing that can keep me down right now because St. Olaf is filling up with students again. Empty sidewalks, commons, dorms no more: people are moving back in and it's lovely -- people who haven't seen each other in far too long. Everyone has travelled or done something extraordinarily fun and it's great to hear about each and get hugs, hugs and more hugs. I remembered to pick up my chemistry books, though ecology will have to wait until tomorrow because the post office is closed. That's ok, better to have too few books in one's backpack than too many. I'm looking around my room and thinking "ah! what a mess!" I think it might be time to put in a good CD and kick back with some reorganizing. Indeed. Tonight will be dinner, trucking and then some work in the storage room. Nice to get back to all these. I'm looking out the window and realizing how lucky I am to be here! Snowy and cold (don't I know after walking into town last night with Jimmy) though very beautiful, but here I am typing away in my nice, toasty sauna. Mmm hmmm. Good for the crabbers, who are in a lovely new aquarium with many new shells, rocks, sponges, and bits of food. It's like a crabby palace, really. Old plastic fishtanks are good for such things. I think I am going to scrounge up some food and get creative with my desk. Come visit if you're on campus!

No comments: