Monday, October 27, 2003

I haven't blogged in a week! Yikes! I haven't had much free time, either, so it must seem like I've dropped off the planet, in the words of my mother. Let's see... not much is new with me. Chemistry is proving to be a real bitch and we have another quiz this friday and an exam the week after. There seems to be a lot that doesn't make sense, which is most likely because our profs wrote the book we're using and they don't always fully explain things, i.e. basic info that is crucial to understanding for dunces like me. What else? Hmmm... I am on a new crusade to eat right, exercise more, and get copious amounts of sleep to hopefully start feeling better... I haven't had energy since move-in in August and before that it wasn't even that much. If I don't get at least 9 hours of concentrated sleep time in, I feel like total shit the next day. Honestly, that's not fair! I can never get nine hours, and when I do have the opportunity, my body won't let me stay sleep. What the hell is up with that!? So, life is a bit frustrating right now, though I know it's nothing compared to what Amanda has to deal with. I find I'm missing her a lot lately... her car is acting up and she doesn't have the money to keep pouring into its gas, repairs and maitenance, so she'll have to start driving the buick (which overheats) around town and back and forth from home. In addition, she's going to be waitressing at two different restaurants to pay for these expenses, trying to fit in some homework, and dealing with a boyfriend who doesn't seem to get that she's just barely holding onto all of this. My poor girl... I wish I was there to help her out!

No comments: