Hey everyone,
I promise I've been meaning to update about Budapest and I will once I feel happy enough to do it justice for the most wonderful week it was...
Right now, however, I feel like I need to lock myself in my room and scream. It's everything at once: the band, and the hall, and the coffeehouse, and classes, and the future plans. All of it is piling up one after the other and I'm at the bottom with no hope of getting back on top of it all again for quite some time. Part of me feels "silly girl, you shouldn't have commited to so much" but the other part remembers that it hasn't been this bad the whole year! For the most part, I've been happily busy and I've really enjoyed what I do. So what's going on right now? My new best friend, my planner, is full of meetings, projects, reminders, and things I have to get done so that there's literally no more room to write down my assignments for school. I keep thinking "as soon as ____ is done, it'll be ok" but I have to realize that this is a lot more than just one hall event or one moment in band.
Tears are always bubbling up just under my surface. Tonight I cried in public and then some more and I realized afterward that no one stopped to help... I mean, I was talking to someone but there was no "Lauren, are you ok?" or "would you like a hug" nothing... I just kept trying to stop the tears and wiping them away when I could not. It wasn't until I got back to Mellby that I got some support. Support... yeah, that's definitely missing in my life right now. There's no Jimmy. He's not here and I can't see him until the end of June. I have to face that. But the other stuff... where is it coming from? I feel as if everything got so busy so suddenly that there's nothing I can do to renegotiate my schedule and, of course, no one can help. On the whole, my friends outside the hall are too busy with their own worries and troubles to help me. But, I really do need some help and support. I'm living in constant fear of sobbing or snapping or collapsing (literally... the CFS is not going to let me keep up with a schedule of no breaks from morning until late at night for much longer).
I wish that people would remember how much of a difference they make! In my super-hysterical state, the little bad things that happen get magnified but so do the small good things people do. Tonight, I talked to Kristin A., Josh, Lisa, Christine and Peter at the front desk and I could have kissed them all for the relief it was to have people care and sympathize with what was happening to me right when I needed it most. My life is spinning out of my control and now, it's those nice things people are doing that keep me going.
Tuesday, April 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hei Lauren! I hope you are feeling better!! I really hope so! I tried to walk by your room.. but you were not there! things feel hard sometimes, and it is probably alot worse because you just came back from a really nice break, and then it just feel so much worse afterwards! if there is anything I can do, let me know! because you shouldn't feel sad, alone or unsupported!! people here are too busy, and it is destoying their life and others, but you always take time! you don't have a clue how many times you have made me smile when I am so close to crying!! because you are just so awesomely sweet and nice!! I know it is true, it feels like noone really cares, they just care about their own stuff. that is why they should stop and ask how it really is going than just saying "how are you doing? fine, fine howare you, fine" an then they are so far away that they culdn't really hear what you said.. it is just fine, fine, fine, fine.. even if it is not...
penguins are starting to get ok.. I didn't really paint one yet.. I just did alot of mixed media, collage, gresso, watersolor, ink and just had ALOT of fun.. and sofar I have 3 "works" done or close to done.. you should come with me in the studio and see them;) maybe I'll make a penguin just for you, a NICE one.. just watercolor;)
a little *computer-comment-hug* you deserve a big real one.. but those are so hard to give in comments!
thanks for doing so much work to make it nice here and to make something happen! I know alot of people who appreciate that alot, including myself!!
hey lauren, just a little note to say you're awesome no matter what! stress sucks, but just remember 'this too shall pass' and you are not the sum of your achievements! you are inherently cool - you have one of the biggest hearts of anyone i know, and i love reading your blog entries 'cause they are so open, honest and well-put. don't get down - the end of june will be here in no time!! :) looking forward to more jane austen-watching next year! -britt
Lauren, I hope you know that you can always come talk to me when you feel down. That's one of the benefits of having me next door (besides getting to hear me sing Phantom all the time). And remember you'll get to see Jimmy in just a few weeks!
Post a Comment