Hmmm... this is going to be a terribly deep and thoughtful post, but I want to list the delicious movies (yes, I said delicious) I've seen lately that I highly recommend.
Big Fish -- The movie floats by like a dream, with the same bizarre characters and settings, but it's hilarious and absolutely tear-provoking in places. At the end, you feel that life is worth living and one must strive to understand it all. Moreover, Ewan McGregor is hott. With two "t"s.
Love Actually -- This movie has been on in our room too many times to count in the last week. It starts by saying love actually is all around and by god, it makes its case well. There are too many fine Brit actors to count (Colin Firth! Colin Firth? Colin Firth!!!!) and the various stories all interweave nicely.
Finding Nemo -- Disney and Pixar should always make movies. Or rather, Pixar should go all dominatrix and make Disney its bitch. I love this movie! Everyone loves this movie! That's reason enough, besides the way cool marine ecosystems and talking specimens one enounters while watching.
Star Wars -- Go for the classics, go for the gold. Honestly, that's the pinnacle of our favorite galaxy far, far away, though Yoda's lightsaber scene in Ep. II kicked some major ass. Still, nothing beats Sir Alec Guiness, banter between Leia and Han, an animatronic Yoda with bedhead, and Mark Hamil's only real acting roles.
Lord of the Rings -- Who in their right mind wouldn't love these movies with an open heart? They're like one giant orgasm with everything you could ever want in your life. Wow. Go Peter Jackson. Go hobbits. Them's the best darn films y'all'll (?) find round these parts. Seriously.
Other ones I need to buy: American Beauty, Chocolat, Matrix Revolutions (or the original for that matter), Office Space, but these are all classics, at least in my book.
And now I'm done. I hope you've enjoyed this lovely regression -- Have a good evening!
Wednesday, May 05, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment