Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Ugh! Life is so miserable right now! Last night I caught something... a cold? The beginnings of the flu? I don't know. But it's continued through today. I missed rehearsals and morning class. But that's ok -- we've been told pretty clearly that we need to take time out to get healthy before the trip should we fall ill now. So that's not a problem. I guess it's the class that's frustrating me at the moment. It's mostly that the course work seems undoable. I know that it was encouraged to do readings while at home -- hundreds and hundreds of pages, mind you -- but if you had ordered your books like me and they hadn't come, you were SOL. And now, the amount of work assigned is IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to complete each night. The only people who are up to date are those who read most of it over break. I'm sad. :( I know nothing about Mexico or Mexicans anyway, aside from environmental issues and believe me, they've got bigger things to worry about. We have an exam tomorrow and I'm freaking out. I feel like I know nothing. It's 30 points and 30% of our grade. Each question is a percentage point off of your final grade! AHHH! What am I going to do!? Other than FAIL!? I don't want to switch to pass/fail because I need the GE, but what choice do I have if I cannot learn all of Mexican culture by tomorrow afternoon!?

This is all making me hysterical. I think I better stop. I wish Jimmy was here. He would definitely not let me keep worrying manically. But I can't think about that either! No use getting worked up. I'll just miss him more.

No comments: