It has come to my attention that I have now turned into Hermione Granger. This conclusion was reached after careful observation in the following areas:
1. classes where suddenly I have every assignment completed, over-written, and am annoyingly answering professors questions or pointing out minute passages that no one cares where they're printed. said profs I feel are tiring of my hand in the air and I am forcing myself to not anwer half the time.
2. social situations: again I find myself figuring out where conversations are going ahead of time, giving useless advice that nobody wants, and generally being an "insufferable know-it-all"
3. job: suddenly am much more sure of myself and out-spoken... this is a good thing in that I have stopped caring about being professional all the time and a bad in that my lack of silence can be detrimental to my health.
4. the number of names I have been called lately pretty much adds up to me being Hermione. I was always this sort of person but it hadn't come out to rear it's bushy-haired head lately and this last semester has caught me off-guard. back to usual, I guess.
In other news, I have not completely failed at ballroom dancing! I can foxtrot (sortof) and am learning the cha-cha. This weekend's tasks include teaching my hips to move in rhythm. I am ridiculously excited to go out with girls from the floor last year tomorrow night. The world seems right with them. We shall go out and be merry. I do have to leave in the middle to collect free hotel accomodations and shopping spree online with Jimmy but that is nothing compared to the prospect of fun and craziness. If tomorrow wasn't Friday already, I'd jump out my window.
Thursday, February 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
*hug* wish I could go out with you girls too!! sigh.. Miss you Lauren! waking up last year with the sunshine of your smile, was enough to keep me alive on bad days!
Don't feel bad about being Hermione. My family has called me that for awhile.
Last night was fun.
Post a Comment