Sunday, August 21, 2005

"you're... here?"

New York has been wonderful and very eventful! Tomorrow is the last day of the most eventful trip ever so I really ought to update!

We got to my aunt and uncle's house on Tuesday (after flying in late on Monday night). They're the head of the family, so to speak, and of course we were going to have a big family dinner with all my cousins and their kids. We were hanging out on their patio and my cousin-in-law, Wendy (whom I adore), called me inside. I'm bounding up the deck stairs to the house and out steps Jimmy. IN NEW YORK. AT MY FAMILY'S HOUSE. And he gets down on one knee right there in front of all the people I love and proposes!!!!!!! (Of course you know what I said! :) So, he stayed until very early this morning and got to meet all the family (which takes some considerable time) and it's been just wonderful and very, very surreal. Esp when he gets introduced as "Lauren's fiance". I also had the most wonderful 21st bday party ever thrown by my cousins Dave and Wendy complete with Dave's band playing live music. What a trip! I am a lucky girl! I hope everyone else has been having a wonderful couple of weeks!! I can't wait to see you Oles back on campus!

8 comments:

Chris said...

Congratulations! Brian A. and I both are thrilled to hear the news!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and Jimmy Lauren!

Cate said...

CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting! I'm so happy for the both of you!

Anonymous said...

lauren!!! congratulations! that's so wonderful! best of luck with everything!

UroGuro said...

I've told you before; but this time in norwegian; Gratulerer! I am so happy for you both!

Lauren said...

Thank you so much, everyone!!!! What kind comments to read! I'm so happy! :) Yay!

Anonymous said...

Lauren!

Greetings from the UK!

Congrads on the engagement, its a bit surreal for me to find out someone I knew in High School is getting married. But I'm very happy for you, I think you'll be happy. Sorry about the drunken phone message. I sent you an e-mail but I'm not sure you got it. At any rate, I'll make sure to let you knoe what I'm up here. I'm mostly just tired right now. But I got back from a good time at the pub, so I can't complain too much.

Take Care, John

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, this is who I'll be working for:


http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/mpdb/html/349.stm