Tuesday, August 02, 2005

signs you spend too much time at a pool

1. You teach two sessions of swimming lessons a day and still have time to pull a full 6 hours of guarding.
2. You look forward to the days with 200+ kids because "the time passes faster."
3. When you leave the pool deck, there's a ringing in your ears from hours of screaming children.
4. You eat the majority of your meals at work.
5. You wear a swimsuit more often than not.
6. It will take about 4 showers to scrub the smell of pool off you.
7. Even the construction workers say "you're here AGAIN!?"
8. You don't have enough time at home to wash your guarding shirt.
9. You forget you're wearing a whistle and walk around in public.
10. While showering in the locker room, you notice that your hair is green like a mermaid's! (actually happened this morning!!!!!!!!!)

While it's fun to keep busy and I love teaching those kids, I'm very much looking forward to the 12th, my last day at the pool!

1 comment:

UroGuro said...

Sounds like fun anyway!! it is so wonderful to be able to work with kids! I am jealous.. really quiet and not so sharing to work where I am.. but I at least have a lot of people under me! (churchyard..)