I'm almost ashamed to show my cyber-face for lack of blogging in the last month and a half! But, here I am, back from travels in Norway and working as a lifeguard and swim instructor in Chaska for the summer, so I think it's time to update.
Norway has to be the most beautiful country in the world. There are dozens of waterfalls on each mountain and the water everywhere is clean. From the short while that we were there I could tell that money and big business are not at the center of Norway. Citizens, families, taking care of their land, and a having a permanent culture were higher priorities.
But, now that I'm back home, all studious thoughts seem to have flown out of my head. Existence as I know consists of cable TV and wireless internet (the new ammenities in my room), playing with the Chaska community band, trying to make sense of the chaos in my room, work, catching up with friends, and seeing Jimmy. Not very profound, but it's a nice break, I suppose.
Monday, June 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hello Lauren! Finally a little update on you;) Hope you are doing well, busy as always.. I have 3 days off now.. wooonderful! went to visit one of my friends that got a baby while I were out of the country and catched up with some other friends too.. now the sun has been her since friday, and it is soooooo wonderful! after a month of damn rain at work it is finally nice and WARM.. and the river is ready to jump in! I wish you were here so you could go swimming with me!! everything is sooooo enjoyable! back to work.. -the other job- on thursday.. think it will be relaxing and give me some time to read some stuff I have wanted to for a long time.. while I get payed;)
miss you alot.. and here is a link to a page where you can see some pics of my house.. (will update soon..)http://home.no/uroguro/megselv/farm.htm
Hugs and kisses :D
hey lauren! i missed your blog entries!! glad to hear your summer's off to a lovely start--i'm so jealous you got to go to norway!! sounds much nicer than here...
don't work too hard!
miss you tons!!
-nina
Post a Comment