The scarf I am knitting is truly a thing of majesty.
At least, it's more majestic than anything I've created lately. While adding inches to it over the past few nights, it occured to me how representative of my life with Jimmy it is. Our relationship was a long time in the making, like the scarf I've been devoting all my spare moments to. Once going, the scarf's stitches are even and regular (of which I'm REALLY proud since this is attempt #1) -- they interlock with one another like moments in time, some better made than others, but each depending upon the previous stitches and supporting the next ones. The very best stitches would be nowhere without some variation. Its color is a secret right now to Jimmy, but I will hint that it is deep and beautiful and timeless. This whole creation has come to be something I depend on greatly -- consolation after a hard day, my companion during good times with friends, and a constant reminder of love and my wonderful boyfriend who is thousands of miles away. And, the scarf is huge; it keeps going and going. When it is finished, it will be worn to provide warmth and comfort. Its story will change from a work in progress to a masterpiece whose tale has just begun.
It's only 12 days until I leave to deliver this gift to its new owner... I can't wait! I'm on pins and [knitting] needles.
Saturday, March 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lauren,
That blog has to be one of the cutest things I have ever seen, you are so adorable!!!
luvs,
Megan
I really enjoyed this entry. I only have one problem with it. The scarf, though long and glorious (of which I have no doubt, and which is making me very excited), has to end at some point. But our relationship will have an infinite number of stitches, and I most certainly promise that. Bet you can't guess who this is... Love You!
Jimmy
Post a Comment